Denmark & Canada
By Dirk Stoecker
This program uses xfdmaster.library and xvs.library for packer and virus scanning. The xadmaster.library is used to dearchive file and disk archives.
CheckX unpacks archives and packed files as deep as possible:
- you can unarchive a crunched archive as well
- multiple crunched files can be decrunched
- multiple archives can be extracted
- multiple disk archives can be extracted
- linked and crunched and archived files are no problem
CheckX detects all the viruses found by xvs.library, which contains the complete antivirus knowledge of VirusZ utility by Georg Hörmann, Alex van Niel and Jan Erik Olausen. CheckX can not remove detected viruses. You still need antivirus software like VirusZ, VirusExecutor, VT or Virus_Checker. I always run VirusZ in the background to check for viruses. CheckX also scans disk archive information texts for packers and viruses, bootsectors of dearchived disks and is able to scan for destroyed sectors. The memory is scanned once after starting CheckX.
For more info, please contact:
Click here to get Dirk's Public PGP key.